  ПЕРСОНАЛЬНОЕ

  ПРОГРАММЫ

ПИШИТЕ
ПИСЬМА

     АРХИВ :: nginx-ru
Nginx-ru mailing list archive (nginx-ru@sysoev.ru)

Re: Re[2]: NGiNX_HTTP_Push_Module

Ответ от разработчика модуля:

Nginx's chunked filter is used, in normal applications, when you set the response content length as -1, which means you don't know the size of response body and will send it in chunks.

This filter allocate extra memory to each chunk sent to add chunk size and an extra CRLF, and only release this memory when the connection goes off. In a streaming connection this might "never" happen.

In this module the same message will be sent to many subscribers. Imagine allocate this extra memory to each connection...

What I do is, disable the Nginx's chunked filter, format the chunk by myself and send the same message to all the subscribers.

This filter is disabled in any location which use the push stream module, but only subscriber connection would use it in fact.

At the company I work for we have 3 products in production using the push stream module, without problems.

If you plan to use nginx with chunked  responses pay attention at chunked filter. If you plan to use the push stream module, don't worry, it is working very well.

And if you have any problem or doubt send me a message.

Regards,
Wanden

6 сентября 2011 г. 0:40 пользователь Михаил Монашёв <postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> написал:
Здравствуйте, Eugene.

> Мы используем его в продакшене уже как 2 года.
> Нагрузка ~ 20000 одновременных пользователей.
> Но лучше использовать не его, модуль:
> https://github.com/wandenberg/nginx-push-stream-module
> Этот модуль является продолжением NGiNX_HTTP_Push_Module.
> + у него нормальная поддержка и корректная работа с nginx и выделением памяти.
> мы используем последний nginx: 1.1.2 + последняя версия nginx-push-stream-module (0.2.5)
> Этот модуль тестировали на 100K  пользователей на сервер. Проблем не было.

Там на сайте написано:
Attention

This module controls everything needed to send the messages to subscribers.
So it disable Nginx▓s chuncked filter to reduce memory consumption in streaming connections.

Он чанки отключает для всего nginx-а или только для своих локейшнов?

--
С уважением,
 Михаил                          mailto:postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
С уважением Eugene Batogov (RU: Батогов Евгений Владимирович) a.k.a. JohnBat26
          e-mail: JohnBat26@xxxxxxxxx, JohnBat26@xxxxxxxxx, JohnBat26@xxxxxxxxx

P.S. Java & Gentoo Linux & Google --> FOREVER !!!