  АРХИВ

  СТАТЬИ

  ПЕРСОНАЛЬНОЕ

  ПРОГРАММЫ

ПИШИТЕ
ПИСЬМА

     АРХИВ :: Inet-Admins
Inet-Admins mailing list archive (inet-admins@info.east.ru)

Re: [inet-admins] Помогите выбрать циску

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:

> > SO> Простите, а где пурга?
> >
> > человек спрашивал езернет в 2-3 сериала
> > 26xx (любая) это потянет и с НАТом, и без НАТа
> >
> > а вы тут начинаете про сферических коней в вакуме
> > 37к пакетов CEF switched трафика т.е. если в CEF path пакет не
> > попадает то будет меньше
>
> Я как бы и не утверждал, что не потянет. Как раз наоборот. А про писюк
> -- это уже в ответ на весь этот пессимизм, как заведомо работающее решение.

Для размышления:

Q: What kind of routing performance can I expect when I use Cisco IOS NAT?
A: Cisco IOS NAT is fast-switched on all supported platforms. A low number
of NAT translations will affect performance less than a high number of
translations.
For most applications, degradation of performance due to NAT should be
negligible.

Below are some NAT routing performance figures as determined in the lab in
full-duplex mode, with 50 simultaneous active NAT translations, and with
10-second keepalives enabled on all interfaces:

Routing Platform  Packet Size (bytes)  Data Throughput (Mbps)
Cisco 7500 Series*      64		   	24
			200  			50
			1000  			89
			1500  			96
Cisco 4700 Series**  	64  			10
			200  			10
			1000  			10
			1500  			10.5
Cisco 4500 Series**  	64  			7.5
			200  			7.5
			1000  			7.5
			1500  			8

* In this test on the 7500, both the "inside" and "outside" interfaces
were Fast Ethernet.
** In these tests on both the 4500 and 4700, both the "inside" and
"outside" interfaces were Ethernet

Based on these figures, we find that NAT performance on the 4500 series is
such that, with NAT enabled, one can fill 2 Ethernets with any packet
size, resulting in a throughput of at least 30,000 pps.