     áòèé÷ :: Inet-Admins
Inet-Admins mailing list archive (inet-admins@info.east.ru)

[inet-admins] Vice President Gore and Russian Prime Minister Chernomyrdin Attend Silicon Valley Roundtable at Cisco Systems' Headquarters (fwd)

Contact:
Bob Michelet
Cisco Systems Inc.
(408) 526-6636
bmichele@cisco.com

Vice President Gore and Russian Prime Minister Chernomyrdin
Attend Silicon Valley Roundtable at Cisco Systems' Headquarters

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- March 12, 1998 -- Vice President Albert Gore and
Russian Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdin today visited Cisco Systems'
world headquarters for a roundtable discussion with business and academic
leaders from Silicon Valley.

More than a dozen persons participated in the 90-minute session, which
focused on the relationship between free-market capitalism and the growth
of high-technology businesses, and on how high-tech businesses contribute

John T. Chambers, president and CEO of Cisco, welcomed the Vice President
and Prime Minister to the conference center at Cisco headquarters. "We are
pleased and honored to serve as host to our distinguished visitors at this
gathering. We are excited by the potential that the Russian economy has for
long-term growth, and are proud to be collaborating with government and
industry leaders to build advanced communications networks in Russia."

Cisco has operated in Russia since 1995, working with government ministries
and enterprises in the fields of transportation, telecommunications,
finance and education. Cisco sales in Russia have grown rapidly in recent
years.

About Cisco Systems

Cisco Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking for
the Internet. News and information area available at www.cisco.com.

                                                      # # #

Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks
of Cisco Systems, Inc. in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other
trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective
owners.

                          ###

To unsubscribe from the Cisco News Release email service,
go to <http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/prpmain.pl>

----- End of forwarded message from Cisco Public Relations -----