  АРХИВ

  СТАТЬИ

  ПЕРСОНАЛЬНОЕ

  ПРОГРАММЫ

ПИШИТЕ
ПИСЬМА

     АРХИВ :: Inet-Admins
Inet-Admins mailing list archive (inet-admins@info.east.ru)

[inet-admins] illegail domains fees part II

Забыл вложить URL
Полная статья
http://www.msnbc.com/news/140967.asp#BODY

А вот пара интересных мест из нее ;)

"Under federal law, no independent executive agency -
such as the National Science Foundation - can collect fees
that exceed the cost of providing the service they are administering,"
said William Bode, attorney for the plaintiffs. "NSI, the agent of NSF,
spends less than $5 to register domain names, yet it charges a registration
fee of $100 and renewal fees of $50 per year," he said.

       The temporary injunction "paves the way for our motion,
which we'll file in two days, to require NSI to return all registration
renewal
fees which exceed the cost of providing that service," attorney Bode said.
"We think that cost [to NSI for the registration process] is significantly
less
than $10, probably $2 to $3," he said,
"which would mean that there would be a refund of approximately
$100 million in our judgment

ish

p/s KG/RIPN any comments ?
------