     áòèé÷ :: Apache-Talk
Apache-Talk mailing list archive (apache-talk@lists.lexa.ru)

Re: [apache-talk] [Fwd: major PHP vulnerability (fwd)]

Hello Valeriy,

VO>  Privet,
VO> kto-nibud znaet o chem eto?

CERT Advisory CA-2002-05 Multiple Vulnerabilities in PHP fileupload

   Original release date: February 27, 2002
   Last revised: --
   Source: CERT/CC

   A complete revision history can be found at the end of this file.

Systems Affected

     * Web servers running PHP

Overview

   Multiple  vulnerabilities  exist  in the PHP scripting language. These
   vulnerabilities  could  allow  a  remote attacker to execute arbitrary
   code with the privileges of the PHP process.

I. Description

   PHP is a scripting language widely used in web development. PHP can be
   installed on a variety of web servers, including Apache, IIS, Caudium,
   Netscape  and  iPlanet,  OmniHTTPd  and others. Vulnerabilities in the
   php_mime_split  function  may  allow  an intruder to execute arbitrary
   code  with  the  privileges of the web server. For additional details,
   see

     http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.html

   Web  servers  that  do not have PHP installed are not affected by this
   vulnerability.

   The  CERT/CC  is tracking this set of vulnerabilities as VU#297363. At
   this  time,  these  vulnerabilities  have  not  been  assigned  a  CVE
   identifier.

II. Impact

   Intruders  can  execute  arbitrary code with the privileges of the web
   server, or interrupt normal operations of the web server.

III. Solution

Apply a Patch

   Upgrade to PHP version 4.1.2, available from

     http://www.php.net/do_download.php?download_file=php-4.1.2.tar.gz

   If   upgrading   is  not  possible,  apply  patches  as  described  at
   http://www.php.net/downloads.php:
   * For PHP 4.10/4.11
     http://www.php.net/do_download.php?download_file=rfc1867.c.diff-4.1.x.gz
   * For PHP 4.06
     http://www.php.net/do_download.php?download_file=rfc1867.c.diff-4.0.6.gz
   * For PHP 3.0
     http://www.php.net/do_download.php?download_file=mime.c.diff-3.0.gz

   If  you  are  using  version  4.20-dev,  you  are not affected by this
   vulnerability. Quoting from
   http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.htm:

     "[U]sers  running  PHP 4.2.0-dev from cvs are not vulnerable to any
     of  the  described  bugs  because the fileupload code was completly
     rewritten for the 4.2.0 branch."

Disable fileuploads

   If  upgrading  is  not  possible or a patch cannot be applied, you can
   avoid  these vulnerabilities by disabling fileupload support. Edit the
   PHP configuration file php.ini as follows:

     file_uploads = off

   Note  that  this  setting  only  applies  to  version 4.0.3 and above.
   However,  this  will prevent you from using fileuploads, which may not
   be acceptable in your environment.

Appendix A. - Vendor Information

   This  appendix  contains  information  provided  by  vendors  for this
   advisory.  When  vendors  report  new  information  to the CERT/CC, we
   update this section and note the changes in our revision history. If a
   particular  vendor  is  not  listed  below, we have not received their
   comments.

Apache Software Foundation

   Information    about    this    vulnerability    is   available   from
   http://www.php.net

FreeBSD

   FreeBSD  does not include any version of PHP by default, and so is not
   vulnerable.  However,  the  FreeBSD Ports Collection does contain both
   PHP3  and  PHP4  packages. Updates to the PHP packages are in progress
   and corrected packages will be available in the near future.

MandrakeSoft

   MandrakeSoft distributes PHP in all distributions and we are currently
   working  on  patching  our  versions of PHP for Linux-Mandrake 7.1 and
   7.2;  Mandrake  Linux  8.0, 8.0/ppc, 8.1, and 8.1/ia64; Single Network
   Firewall 7.2; Corporate Server 1.0.1.

   We anticipate having the updates out by the end of the week.

Microsoft

   We do not use PHP in any products.

NCSA

   NCSA  does  not  include  PHP as an add-in or bundled component in any
   products distributed.

Red Hat

   Red  Hat  was  notified  of  this  issue  on  27th  February 2002. All
   supported  versions  of  Red Hat Linux ship with PHP packages that are
   affected by these vulnerabilities. We will shortly be releasing errata
   packages  which  contain patched versions that are not vulnerable. The
   errata  packages and our advisory will be available on our web site at
   the  URL  below. At the same time users of the Red Hat Network will be
   able  to  update  their  systems to patched versions using the up2date
   tool.

          http://www.redhat.com/support/errata/RHSA-2002-035.html

   The  CERT Coordination Center thanks Stefan Esser, upon whose advisory
   this document is largely based.

   Author: Shawn V. Hernan

Appendix B. - References

    1. http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/297363
    2. http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/012002.html
    3. http://www.iss.net/security_center/static/8281.php

   This document is available from:

CERT/CC Contact Information

   Email: cert@cert.org
          Phone: +1 412-268-7090 (24-hour hotline)
          Fax: +1 412-268-6989
          Postal address:
          CERT Coordination Center
          Software Engineering Institute
          Carnegie Mellon University
          Pittsburgh PA 15213-3890
          U.S.A.

   CERT/CC   personnel   answer  the  hotline  08:00-17:00  EST(GMT-5)  /
   EDT(GMT-4)  Monday  through  Friday;  they are on call for emergencies
   during other hours, on U.S. holidays, and on weekends.

    Using encryption

   We  strongly  urge you to encrypt sensitive information sent by email.
   Our public PGP key is available from

   http://www.cert.org/CERT_PGP.key

   If  you  prefer  to  use  DES,  please  call the CERT hotline for more
   information.

    Getting security information

   CERT  publications  and  other security information are available from
   our web site

   http://www.cert.org/

   To  subscribe  to  the CERT mailing list for advisories and bulletins,
   send  email  to majordomo@cert.org. Please include in the body of your
   message

   subscribe cert-advisory

   *  "CERT"  and  "CERT  Coordination Center" are registered in the U.S.
   Patent and Trademark Office.

   NO WARRANTY
   Any  material furnished by Carnegie Mellon University and the Software
   Engineering  Institute  is  furnished  on  an  "as is" basis. Carnegie
   Mellon University makes no warranties of any kind, either expressed or
   implied  as  to  any matter including, but not limited to, warranty of
   fitness  for  a  particular purpose or merchantability, exclusivity or
   results  obtained from use of the material. Carnegie Mellon University
   does  not  make  any warranty of any kind with respect to freedom from
   patent, trademark, or copyright infringement.

   Conditions for use, disclaimers, and sponsorship information

   Copyright 2002 Carnegie Mellon University.

   Revision History
February 27, 2002:  Initial release

--
Best regards,