[filmscanners] Re: Cleaning SS4000 scanner

Tony,

Thanks for the details. If you ever do this again, how about a few digital
images along the way :).

After I removed the lamp, I tried to remove the film carrier.  With the scanner
oriented in the same fashion as the background shot on the website you quote
below, I removed the two sheet metal "caps" that retain the ends of the rails.
I suspect the two other screws that you refer to are under the film carriage on
the left side.

I marked up the background of the SS4000 Problems page and put it here:

http://www.tallgrassimages.com/gallery2/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=590

I should have powered up the device and moved the carriage to the right--or
used the suggestion of gaining access to the worm gear and moving it while
powered off. Did you have to do one of those two options?

Thanks

Stan