[filmscanners] Sprintscan 4000 on a Mac -- anyone using SCSI-to-USB cable

The recent posts about selling a Sprintscan reminded me to post this question
again:

I need to use my Sprintscan 4000 on a 2008 Mac Pro without a SCSI adapter card.
I have seen SCSI-to-USB cables such as this:

Addlogix USB-XFormer 2.0 USB 2.0 to Ultra SCSI/Adapter (usb2-uscsi) Storage
Controller Image

USB SCSI Adapter - Connect external SCSI devices to USB! - Ratoc U2SCX

Has anyone used such a cable successfully? Or is there a good PCI SCSI card
that will work in a Mac Pro running OS X 10.5+?

Stan Schwartz