[filmscanners] Re: Epson Perfection V750-M Pro Scanner,

On 14-Jun-09 17:41:19, LAURIE SOLOMON (laurie@advancenet.net) wrote:
> Jim,
> Sort of a natural mistake since most people associate all scanner drivers
> as
> twain drivers, which most were when all scanners were 32 bit.  Epson
> probably did refer to the driver as a "64-bit driver" without bothering
> distinguish between twain based drivers and WIA based drivers, which
> Microsoft has moved to for all their versions of OS since Vista.

Epson only refers to their drivers generically, i.e. "64-bit drivers." I am
only assuming
that they are WIA because that seems logical. Silverfast provides a 64-bit
TWAIN version
for the Epson. I don't know why they went to the extra trouble of creating an
alternative
64-bit TWAIN version unless possibly certain programs need them. Photoshop CS3
and CS4 are
WIA friendly.

--
Cary Enoch Reinstein, Enoch's Vision Inc.  http://www.enochsvision.com