[filmscanners] Re: RAW?

I bought vuescan when there was only one version. Ed converted the
original buyers to the pro version. Anyway, I didn't realize you had the
lite version.

Personally, I think film is dead, or nearly dead. So do you think you
will buying a new film scanner? I suspect not. So if Vuescan works for
you now, I'd keep it. If you think there is another film scanner in your
future, you might as well go for the pro version.

Now Vuescan can read RAW format from digital cameras, at least Canon.
But Canon DPP does much more than vuescan, so when I finish scanning
whatever film I haven't finish yet, I don't see me using Vuescan much,
other than for my flatbed.

Canon DPP has features that let it compensate for lens light fall off
and distortion. Of course, only for canon lenses. ;-) The only thing the
program lacks is a fine step rotate.