[filmscanners] ADMIN: domain transfer issues

As posted today at www.halftone.co.uk - please see below.

This may have implications for the filmscanners list, as if I cannot get
the domain released I shall have to change the list address. More later on
that.

Regards Tony Sleep
==
www.halftone.co.uk - the home of Tony Sleep Photography and the
filmscanners mailing list - is presently unavailable due to Pipex failing
to release the domain for transfer as instructed 14 May 2006. Sorry, but
rather than have it vanish without trace at some time that suits them, I
thought it best to pull the site and tell everyone what was going on.

I apologise for any inconvenience this causes. However the site was
horrendously overdue for an update, but had become an unmanageable sprawl
of ancient static HTML. It was simply not worth attempting given the
negligible facilities (no scripts, no database) available with this ISP.

If you are looking for subscribe/unsubscribe instructions for the
filmscanners list, please see below.

The filmscanners reviews are now outdated and I no longer review them due
to the excessive amounts of time and lost income it involved. I do not
intend reinstating them. Try the Wayback Machine archive of the web at
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php if you are looking for an old review.

The photography and much more (folios, exhibits, stories, tech stuff, blog
and whatever else I feel like chucking in) will reappear shortly at the
all-new CMS-based www.tonysleep.co.uk. However that site is still in
development, and access to content is variable at present, depending on
what I am working on. I had hoped to manage the transition rather more
smoothly but reckoned without Pipex. So Halftone.co.uk is now in limbo for
the time being.

If you have any inquiries or concerns please contact me at
halftone@tonysleep.co.uk My current email address tonysleep@halftone.co.uk
still works, and will remain my main address as it is so well known - but
there are bound to be a few days disruption whenever I eventually manage
to move the halftone.co.uk domain. Alternatively, phone me on +44 208 840
3463 (0208 840 3463 within UK).
The filmscanners list

The list is still active but quiet, with few postings. Everyone has bought
digital cameras, or now knows what they are doing :-)

filmscanners, or subscribe filmscanners_digest, in the msg subject or body
if you prefer digest delivery rather than individual mails.

filmscanners, or unsubscribe filmscanners_digest, in the msg subject or
body, depending on which you are subscribed to.

The address for postings to the list remains filmscanners@halftone.co.uk.

See you at www.tonysleep.co.uk I hope...

- Tony Sleep 25 May 2005