[filmscanners] Re: CS 5000 ED vs. Minolta ???

Oh well, back to this again...

The problem, as you stated, is depth of field.  The answer has been cold
cathode lighting which can be rather bright.  I had both a Minota Dimage
Scan II and I stilll have a SS4000 Polaroid, and with both, one needed a
rather badly warped film to have focusing problems.  I never have needed
to use glass carriers or special mounts to get good sharp images across
the full surface.

The problem has been and continues to be use of LED lighting sources,
which do not have adequate light output to use stopped down apertures.

Art