[filmscanners] Re:

Laurie Solomon wrote:

><snip>
>Thus, in my opinion, in the past there were mailing lists and still may be
>mailing lists for the drum scanners and the Imacons as well as for many of
>the flatbed scanners that could be used. But as for an itemized list of all
>the various scanners that can do a good job of scanning 5x7 and larger
>films, I know of none.

I guess it all depends on how you define "a good job of scanning".
Doesn't the Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner scan transparencies up
to 8"x10"?  If all the resolution you need for a scan of these large
film sizes is 1200 - 2400 dpi, shouldn't the Epson 4990 fit the bill?
It's not a Howtek, but it has an excellent price to performance ratio.