[filmscanners] Re: Contax demise

I researched this after getting your email, and it appears you are correct.
It is very misleading when you go to the Kyocera web site.  But as you
probably already know, Zeiss quit manufacturing Contax in 1966, then
contracted with Yashica to do that in 1974, to hold down costs.  Then
Kyocera bought Yashica in 1983, but as you have pointed out, Contax is still
a Zeiss-owned product.

Now, of course, the question of who will manufacture Contax next.

Personally, I would like to see a digital Contax that uses the MM Zeiss
lenses.  A manual focus digital SLR.  But that will probably never happen,
even though there is now the digital Leica­styled rangefinder made by Epson.

Thanks for the correction.

Berry