[filmscanners] Re: Dynamic range question

Hi Brad,

I think I would be satisfied for a while at least with 200ppi on the largest
prints I can make on a 2200 printer, let's say 12" x 16", which works out to
about 8 megapixels.  Since Olympus has an 8 megapixel CCD on the E300
"Evolt" already, I am waiting for them to put it on an E-3, or whatever the
next version of the E-1 will be called.  I like most of what I've heard
about the E300, but I want the dust/splash proofness of the E-1.  I would
like the pop-up flash of the E300, but I rarely take flash...I would take
more if I had the pop up for fill.  Also, my favorite lens now is a Zeiss
60mm macro; I would like to get the "E-3" body initially with the normal
focal length macro (25mm?) that Olympus is scheduling for this year.  So, in
summary, I am waiting for the next version of the Olympus E-1 with the new
macro that's coming later this year.  Having a normal lens with good macro
provides incredible flexibility for me, with one compact lens.  Of course, I
would add more lenses later.

More ideal for me would be if they brought out a square format DSLR with a
CCD with 3000x3000 pixels.  I like square.  But 4:3 is better than 3:2.

Berry