[filmscanners] Re: Dynamic range question

Austin, with respect to your last sentence, isn't the point really that the
contrast range of negative film is greater than slide film?  What I mean is
that you can lose either the shadows or the highlights, but slide film
requires more precise exposures and is more limited in the range that it can
handle.  Where I live and shoot, there is great contrast (high elevation
southwest desert), and I think that is one reason for me to shoot negative
film.  I never lose either end that way with the great latitude of negative
color film.  But I'd like to hear what disadvantages there may be to this
approach, if any, in my situation.

Still waiting for the right DSLR for me...

Berry