[filmscanners] (relatively) cheap scanner capable of 11x14 from 35mm?

hi all,
i am working on assembling images for my portfolio, and i have heard that
many professionals are now using high quality inkjet prints in their
portfolios rather than actual photos. Rather than spending several hundred
dollars just having just a single set of prints made, i was hoping that it
would be possible to put my money toward a relatively inexpensive film
scanner capable of making portfolio quality 11x14's from 35mm negatives, if
such a thing exists. i would be printing from an epson 1280 and I was hoping
to find a scanner under $1000, but i would love to pay less. i guess I
should add that a lot of my work is very grainy, and not too sharply
focused.  thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

sincerely,

Justin Loy