[filmscanners] Re: Blue gray random pattern???

One more thought... you said this guy was an electrician?

Could it be possible he wired his own house?

Bad grounding, dirty power due to bad connections at the outlets,
unbalanced circuit box, interference pick up due to incorrectly wired
outlet (polarization mixed up?).

I know this sounds a bit jaded, but the professional electrician that
did the wiring for the house I live in  wired a standard double outlet
with separate sources for the upper and lower outlet, to allow for
better distribution of the electrical load, but he forgot to break the
tab that ties the two outlets, so it ended up a direct short.
Obviously, the circuit breaker kept shutting off, but he claimed it was
a "weak breaker".  Finally, I took the outlet apart and found the
problem and broke the removable tab, and all was well....

Anyway... maybe he needs to try the scanner or computer (or both) on
another AC circuit in his home.

Art