[filmscanners] Re: Fw: Re: Newbie intro.

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> I believe there is at least one active member on this list who
> owns/owned an Acer/Benq 2410S.  Hopefully, he will have something to
> add.  I seem to recall software being it's weak point, but if Vuescan
> was written to support it, it may be one answer.

AFAIK both the Acer/Benq's are pretty good VFM but poor with colour neg,
because they don't increase G & B channel exposure to cancel the orange
mask, they simply subtract it in software. So OK for slide and B&W, but
definitely below par on colour neg.

There are quite a lot of cheap filmscanners around, both s/h (eg eBay) and
new (eg http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/)

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk