[filmscanners] Polaroid SS 4000 cleaning??!!

Hi,

Before this list goes away completely, I have a question.

Sometime ago, I seem to recall that someone reported taking apart a Polaroid
SprintScan 4000 to clean either the CCD/light or the gears, or both.  I also
think I recall that the one caveat was to be very careful in handling the
wiring to the switch, or plan to re-solder it.

I think there was more information, but while I thought I had saved it, I
can't fine it.  Is the person who did this still here? Or is there anyone
who has information regarding this?  My scanner has not been cleaned or
opened up in the 6 or so years that I have had it.  I know it needs
cleaning.  If it is doable, I am reasonably handy and would do it myself,
especially if I know where I am likely to run into problems..

Thanks,

-- Brad

 The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but
in having new eyes.   -Marcel Proust