[filmscanners] Screen calibration (was: RE: not enough memory?=

Hi there is a tool called "Profile Mechanic - Monitor" which can calibrate a
monitor for 179 USD. Personally I use a  "Colorvision Monitor Spyder with
OptiCal för PC & Mac"  which is around 300 USD, here in Sweden.

Regarding printer profiles there are probably prepared profiles for your
printer. Making your own profile may not be that hard. There are some "el
cheapo" tools for that to. You need an Q60 target
(http://www.targets.coloraid.de), a flatbed scanner and Vuescan Pro.

Check here:
http://hamrick.com/vuescan/html/vuesc6.htm#topic5
http://hamrick.com/vuescan/html/vuesc7.htm#topic6

A good program for adjusting digital images is:
Picture Window Pro, at www.dl-c.com, PC-only.

A certified toolchain is much more expensive.

Regards

Erik

--
Erik Kaffehr                erik.kaffehr@swipnet.se alt. ekr@ksu.se
Mariebergsvägen 53          +46 155 219338 (home)