[filmscanners] Re: not enough memory?

I,

I have a Mac (G4 dual) and a P4 - both have 512 Mbyte, both more than 100 GB
room (I still run out of space).  Yes, the Mac has a place it spools for the
printer - it is buried under the Drive 1/OS/system/god knows what/etc.  IT
isn't the problem.  I also have a p2000 printer.  I ran into problems
printing from my Mac as long as I had OS 9.1  The problems were varied, and
after offering to demonstrate cranial rectal inversion on someone at Epson,
I was finally kicked up to someone who knew something.  Basically, he had me
turn off everything, but especially, I had to turn off background printing -
Epson's drivers wouldn't work in the background, meaning that I couldn't
edit and print at the same time.  Since the P4 and the Mac are networked, I
took to transferring the printing to the P4 which is happy to print in the
background as it merrily does data modeling.  I moved the process back when
I got Mac OS 10.?, and it has been fine since then.  Of course, Epson blames
Mac, and from what I know of OS's, I think they are right, especially since
they are able to get along with Windows.  I suspect that there is no true
background for Mac 9,1.  While my experience was with background printing, I
would suggest that there are other things that may be creating problems, and
I would ask Epson if they even expect the 2200 driver to work with a Mac OS
less than 10.2, or so. BTW perseverance used to work with Epson's customer
service...

Good luck,

-- Brad

The scientists, not the philosophers, now address most effectively the great
questions of existence, the mind, and the meaning of the human condition.
                 Edward O. Wilson  --The Philosophers' Magazine, Autumn 1999