[filmscanners] Re: Good $300 scanner for 35mm & 120?

From: "Ken McKaba" <Ken.McKaba@citrix.com>

I've just started exploring film scanners.  Can anyone recommend a good
one that will handle 35mm & 6x6 that is <$300?

If you need 6x6, spend a bit more money and get the Epson 4870.

http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~longnose/scanner_test.html

> Will I be happy with a flatbed with a transparency attachment?

If your 35mm use is minimal, and 6x6 is your main camera, the 4870 may keep
you happy.

David J. Littleboy
davidjl@gol.com
Tokyo, Japan