[filmscanners] Epson 4870

I have a friend in his 70's who just bought an Epson 4870 Scanner based
on my recommendation to scan his library of slides. I thought a
dedicated slide neg scanner like the LS5000 would be too complicated for
him to utilize, and warned him that flatbeds aren't as sharp in scanning
slides as dedicated slide scanners.

Now he can't figure out how to scan slides. He lives in Washington
State, and I'm in Calif. I own the Epson 2450 and the LS4000, not the
4870, so I can't tell him flat out how to do it.

I've given him website and phone info to contact Epson. But does anyone
have this scanner who can explain how to scan slides with it in
layperson terms?

I'd much appreciate it.
Paul Sivley