[filmscanners] Re: Does brand of film really make any differencenowadays?

On Saturday, January 10, 2004, at 12:27  PM, alan wrote:

> Well, I think so. Two simple examples--one from film per se, one from
> scanning.

Excellent points and examples Alan. Though I mostly use digital cameras
these days (Nikon D1X, Canon EOS 1Ds, and Kodak Pro Back) , I still
shoot film. And it makes a huge perceptual difference with different
films. Film choisce is like a painter choosing a palette. That palette
will react differently in different light. You can tweak that palette
in Photoshop but you will turn yourself into a mental pretzel and waste
a lot of time trying to force one palette into another digitally.

Ellis Vener
http://www.ellisvener.com

"A photograph is not what was photographed, it's something else. "