[filmscanners] RE: CanoScan 9900 & "Dirty" Glas Plate

Arthur,

Thanks for your reply and tips. Your explanation makes sense. Actually, I
have a refurbished $30 flatbed scanner that has the same problem - just much
worse. I opened this scanner to clean the inside surface of the glas bed.
After leaving the scanner on for a long period of time (1 day or so) with
the lid closed the fog appears again. Leaving the lid open or even turning
the scanner off helps some. So I guess they used really cheap material that
cannot stand the quite high heat produced inside this scanner. Maybe that's
why the company who made the scanner doesn't exist anymore...:O

Rob