[filmscanners] Re: Printer drivers at 720ppi

on 11/2/03 2:22 PM, snsok@cox.net at snsok@cox.net wrote:

> Berry,
>
> The 2200 is the first decent color printer I have owned and used for "fine"
> prints. Previously, I scanned my transparencies, put them on a CD and had
> them printed by an service bureau on the Pictrograph 3000 or 4000.
>
> Through trial and error, mostly expensive error, I had finally gotten decent
> color matching.
>
> I find the 2200 to be on a par with the Pictrograph results and it's sure a
> lot cheaper to make a mistake. An 8X10 on the Epson probably costs around
> $US 1.50.  A Pictrograph, including postage both ways and the disc, was more
> like $US20 for the same sized print.
>
> Stan

Thanks, Stan.  Your comments are very encouraging.  I just paid about US$600
for a 2200 refurb.  I decided on a refurb even though I could have gotten a
new one for only a few dollars more.  I previously heard several comments
that the refurbs are more reliable than the new ones, and I had good luck
with the 1160 refurb I bought for $190.  So I guess I will see soon how much
difference it makes for me.

Thanks again,

Berry