[filmscanners] RE: New Nikon scanners

> From: Arthur Entlich
>
> One interesting things Nikon mentions in their release is that these
> scanners continue to use the LED lighting source, and one advantage of
> this lighting is "no risk of heat-related damage to films".
>
> I'd like to know if anyone has experienced heat damage to film from a
> cold cathode fluorescent light source. ?!?

I don't much care for the LEDs, because having three non-overlapping narrow
color bands is a recipe for metamerism on different film types. I've made a
lot of pretty slide scans on my LS-2000, but I wouldn't call the color
"accurate".

What I'd like to find out is if the optics have a greater DOF than the old
scanners. That was the worst problem with them.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco