[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Thu 23 Oct,2003

Jonathan,

I didn't say that you have to send an image at 720 ppi; I said that the
Epson driver will resample your image to its native working resolution of
360 ppi for wide-format printers and 720 ppi for desktop printers. That has
been clearly stated by Epson
(http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/pro10a/pro10aps.pdf , page 22, Note 2).

I was suggesting that since the Epson upsampling is apparently done by the
Nearest Neighbour method, one might get better results by doing it oneself
with a better upsampling method such as Bicubic, Lanczos, or Vector, and
applying sharpening afterwards. The makers of QImage claim that to be true.
I am trying QI at present, but print to a file instead of sending the file
direct to the printer. Although 720 ppi files are very large, that enables
me to look at the results of their sharpening and modify it if necessary
before sending it to the printer.

Bob Frost.