[filmscanners] Re: Pixels and Prints

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:29:05 -0400, Austin Franklin wrote:

> An excellent point, one I'd like to hear more results from.  I have heard,
> but have not tried, of people doing this.  The claims I heard were that the
> image was improved...but of course, that's subjective, and will be quite
> image dependant.

In my thoroughly subjective and highly non-systematic "tests", I seem
to get better results with higher resolution up to about 700 or 750 ppi
sent to the printer.  I'm printing to an Epson Stylus Photo 820 using
the Epson driver.  I am not examining the prints with a loupe, just my
Mark 1 Mod 0 eyeball.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ