----- Original Message -----
From: "KARL SCHULMEISTERS" <karlsch@verizon.net>

The idea that you "won't have grain" is somewhat misleading.  When you
upsize to 11x17, you will have the equiv of grain in the form of digital
artifacts.  At even 8x10, I can tell the difference between a 35mm film
image and a 6mpixel Camera, and it is even more obvious at 11x17.
Realistically, a 6mPixel camera is equiv to 4000dpi scan of 35mm film.
Which generates some amazing images, but still doesn't quite match film when
you enlarge it.