[filmscanners] Re: 10D Tony shots

Jerry Hadam wrote:

> I have been a little reluctant to convert to a new digital body because
> of
> the low light capabilities (or incapabilities of the digital bodies. Just
> haven't seen anyone pull off the look of high speed film in a digi.
>
> I shoot loads of Fuji 800 and Tmax 3200 (rate at 1600).

Hah, me too  - only I changed to Delta3200 (@1600) eventually. Well, the
10d is amazing in bad light. Shortly after I got it, I was walking back
from a job and did some handheld night street shots @800 which alerted me
to the potential for seeing in the dark. It has since got me through
several jobs that would have been impossible on colour film without
appalling grain and degraded image or (spit) direct flash. The
post-processing is slow (an overnight Neat Image batch job), but it's one
area where dig outclasses film  comprehensively. I know of other photog's
who are equally impressed  by the low-light capability of  the  Nikon D100,
and the Canon 1DS.

Regards

Tony Sleep - http://www.halftone.co.uk