[filmscanners] T400CN

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] T400CN
  • From: "Jerry Hadam" <jerry@photosdonotbend.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:29:55 -0600

There are so many variables that could affect contrast in a digitally
printed image. I find that shooting T400CN at 300 or 200ASA gives a very
crisp punchy negative that has excellent shadow detail and the brightest
whites don't blow out.

I have also printed virtually straight (contrast, brightness, curves,
levels) off of my 2450 Epson scanner at 8x10 and been thrilled with the
results. 25 years in the wet darkroom. I know the Epson is not a dedicated
film scannner but it did a great job.

If I continue to get results that I am getting, I am not going back to the
wet dark place anytime soon.

Jerry