[filmscanners] Re: Was: Canon A70 Now: OT requests

It was my question that was the root cause of this controversy.
Please accept my apologies.

I'm new at this, (both digital images and email lists). I'm a
sculptor whose transparencies are seldom returned by publishers or
authors who request them, so I was considering the possibility of
sending digital images instead. I stumbled upon this list when  I had
decided it was time to invest in a film scanner, and hire someone to
convert the film images to digital. A few members of this list were
very generous in giving me some help in choosing the scanner, and
then in giving me some extremely  valuable advice about some of the
complications involved in using scanned images to send to authors or
publishers.

In the midst of all this advice was a suggestion to invest in a
digital camera. So it seemed like a logical place to ask for advice
on that also. Obviously it was not the right place. (Incidentally, I
have already ordered the A70, based on many favorable reviews).

The methods that resulted in my stumbling upon this list however,
have not worked for finding a digital camera list. Even though I have
had some  limited experience with film photography, I realize there
is a learning curve ahead of me, so if anyone can point me in the
direction for a digital camera list, I'd be very appreciative.

Maaki Levine