----- Original Message -----
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>

Exactly, but to claim that you "need" to use 16 bit data (for color) is
simply wrong, and was my point, and why I was very careful in what I said.
People can tout this, and espouse theory, all they want, but reality shows
otherwise.  If you want to argue this, it's important to understand what the
impact of theory has on reality.  As I've stated clearly, 16 bit data *MAY*
be beneficial for *SOME* images, but not for all.  For some people, it may
be more significant than others, depending on what it is they photograph.