[filmscanners] Re: Re:A scanner question

What is the scanners native optical resolution?

I don't recommend scanning over it, unless it happens to have a really
good upsampling algorithm in the driver/software.

Scanning at 48 bit may help on some flatbed scanners, but it usually is
not that critical, because often the quality of the data isn't good
enough to really improve the results.  Again, what scanner are we
speaking of, and what is the A/D converter's true translation rate?

Art