[filmscanners] Re: New Fuji Films

David,

  I had not read your post before I wrote mine. I am not arguing, just
summarizing my results. I value your input and accept your results as
valid.

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 12:11 PM, David J. Littleboy wrote:

> What do you mean by "the Velvia palette as opposed to a Provia type
> palette"? Could you give specific examples of cases (scenes) where the
> difference would hit me over the head?

It is more of a taste difference than a head banger.

>  It also has a
> slightly more open exposure range-- more details are recorded in the
> lower highlights and upper shadows. In other words the color effects
> are not quite s dramatic. It makes for an excellent landscape and film.
> Accutance is very high.
> <<<<<<<<<<
>
> I was hoping to find exactly what you are reporting, but I suspect
> that my
> tools/experience/technique aren't really up to telling the
> difference...

I judged this by shooting into the sun while photographing  some black
kids playing in the spray of a water hydrant. This is as contrasty of
real world situation as I could imagine.

I am judging film; not film+ scanner.
Best Regards,

Ellis Vener
Atlanta, GA