[filmscanners] RE: 3 Newbie questions

>Well, sure, but if they can't handle an image with your embedded profile,
>and you don't have a profile for their printer, then your color is potluck.
>There's no magic.

Yes, on that we do agree.  Since we are not talking about inkjet or laser
printers but in all proablity WEB presses, it is not so much the printer or
the publisher furnishing a custom color profile for their press as providing
information as to the type of SWOP standard they utilize for their CYMK
press so one can select it for both soft proofing and for use as a working
space in Photoshop unless they use a non-standard SWOP in which case they
would need to supply the actual profile.  I am sure that if the printer were
asked the proper questions they would readily furnish the needed
information.