[filmscanners] Re: NeatImage:

"Les Berkley" <wogears@fast.net> wrote: "On the RIGHT file, NeatImage is
wonderful. On many files it is quite helpful and well worth using. On
some files (lots of fine detail) it must be used with EXTREME care.
There is a significant learning curve with this app, and a moderately
complete knowledge of its parameters, sliders, etc. is necessary to
achieve the best results. That said, it is well worth the money if you
take the time to learn it."
-------------------
I downloaded the free trial version of Neat Image some time ago (file is
dated November, 2001). I have tried numerous times to use it and have
yet to get an image what was *any* better than the original. Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how to manipulate the settings to get good
results, even as part of a testing process? Has the commercial version
changed so much that the version I have is out-dated? I'm trying it on
medium-quality JPG files from a ScanDual II scanner (3800x2500pixels).
Do I need to save scans as TIF's to use Neat?

Preston Earle
PEarle@triad.rr.com