[filmscanners] Re: Scanner Profiling

Hi,
Didn't Ed Hamrick when he was posting here mention
that different negative films have different curves.
When I looked at the Fuji professional film book, the
toes on the density curves differ from one negative
film to the next. Ed also mentioned that he used the
curves that Kodak came up with when they brought out
the Photo CD to set up film profiles for different
types of negative film.  For tranparency film, the
colors are absolute but I would think that color
negative films would need an IT8 for each type. Am I
confusing film profiles with scanner profiles?

Warren