[filmscanners] RE: color negative/print film advice

I've been specializing in forest photography lately, and am happy to
avoid the sun. But This Portra UC does pretty well in the forest on a
sunny day, WAY better than any slide film I've ever used. Still, I have
to avoid situations where there are deep shadows with greater than 25%
sky visibility, unless of course it's deeply overcast. Those are the
best days for forest photography. I'm talking about photographing trees
here, not forest floor stuff which is far easier.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net