[filmscanners] Re: SS4000 & Mac OS X 10.2.6 System level crash.

I had a similar problem, though I was using an Adaptec 2930 SCSI
card. Polaroid support said that the problem was with the card, that
the card didn't communicate with the scanner properly using Insight
under OSX; something about feedback from the scanner while it was
scanning. Adaptec insisted that the card was alright. Polaroid
suggested other SCSI boards,and I tested Vuescan with the scanner and
though it worked didn't like the interface. My solution was to do
scanning while running OS 9.x,(not classic) until I sold the scanner.