[filmscanners] Re: SS4000 & Mac OS X 10.2.6 System level crash.

I have the first-generation, PCI-graphics G4 400 (Erich must not
since he has 2GB of RAM) and the SS4000 (not the Plus). I had the
Apple Store add a (slower) Adaptec SCSI card for the 4000; I don't
suppose that matters. But I've also scanned only under Mac OS 9.1,
which could matter. And I've also scanned only with LaserSoft's
Silverfast Ai; from Silverfast 4, which was bundled with my 4000, to
5 and 6, to which I upgraded. With lots of problems. All due, as far
as I can tell, to poor (or at least poorly-translated) documentation
mixed with liberal doses of operator error. But I've never had the
problem Eric has. Which makes me think he might avoid it by
installing 9.1, if he can, on whichever hard drive he doesn't have OS
X on and scanning under 9.1, possibly via Silverfast 4, if he still
has it. Silverfast 6 seems to me much better, but I wouldn't suggest
paying for it until he's sure there isn't something wrong with his
4000. Hope not.

Sam