[filmscanners] RE: SS4000 "blown out" yellows and no blue information; where is my problem?

You didn't mention what software you are using to scan. This always
happened to me with Polaroid Polacolor Insight software, never with
VueScan.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net

www.tallgrassimages.com/test/yellowclipping.htm

This is not the sharpest of photographs but I believe Ican see  more
detail in the flowers using the 20X loupe on the transparency. This is
not a monitor gamut problem as the flowers print on my Epson 2200 just
as they look--no detail.

The RGB color values within the yellow flower show a consistent blue
value of 2 throughout the flower; I presume that's why I see the spike
in the blue histogram. Indeed, when looking at the blue channel, the
flowers are just black.

As the weak color provides the contrast and detail, I presume also that
the problem here is that the blues in the flowers are either not
registering well on the film, or not being captured in the scan, or
out-of-gamut, or I am not handling the image properly in Photoshop. Is
this an engine or an engineer problem?

Stan Schwartz