[filmscanners] suggestions for scanning 16mm film?

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] suggestions for scanning 16mm film?
  • From: "HPA" <tom@historicphotoarchive.com>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 07:48:40 -0700

I have much better luck using a digital camera.  I have a Nikon 885 and an
old Nikon slide copier to hold the film.  I use daylight, just point the
whole shebang out a window.  Gets a much better looking pic than a scan and
lots faster.  Use the highest res possible on your camera, should give you
five shots per card.  This is very fast, I make my ebay screen shots this
way.  I have also made 8x10 prints on Epson 2200, which are not particularly
sharp but are good for "hang on the refrigerator" quality, they would be
fine for stills from old home movies, etc.  best of luck
tom robinson