[filmscanners] Web images copyright

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Web images copyright
  • From: "Alex Z" <alexzfoto@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 02:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.
Sorry posting a off-topic issue, hope will not take much bandwidth...

I'm in the process of building my site (actually a fellow web master
has volunteered to build it for me as her "showcase") with the
primarily goal is to show my images though online gallery exhibitions
on the site.
I ust realized tat it would be desired to figure ou how to protect the
images from unauthorized usage, at least by some kind of legal way.
I noticed in may image exhibition sites, besides of regular Copyright
notice, each image contain some kind of embedded (or watermark) notice.
The question is how to do that in PS7 ?
I guess, in most cases people just put the notice and do not proceed an
official ways regsitering their copyright on images, right ?
I suspect in this way there is no any legal copyright coverage provided
insite of putting teh notice on teh site and on top of the images, so
this is just trying to "scare out" the potential infringer. Am I wrong
?

I intend to put there images not larger then 600x400, so I guess it
would be little commercial value to these in any case, but still would
do soemthing I mentioned above.

Would be glad to hear your opinions on this topic.

Regards, Alex