[filmscanners] Re:Re:digitising slides

  • To: lexa@lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re:Re:digitising slides
  • From: "HPA" <tom@historicphotoarchive.com>
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 19:22:12 -0700

Hello, yes, it is a great idea and it really works.  It is not suitable for
high quality, but for web shots, sample cds, etc, works fine.  I use the old
Nikon slide copier, rigged up on a bar with the camera using a bizzare
collection of old camera clamps and parts.  A trip to the next photo swap
meet in your region would get you all the parts you need. You can do a
hundred an hour.  Perfect for copyright cds to LC, samples of your work,
etc.  I am using a different camera but it should work great.  I also use
this setup for screen shots of 16mm film, and a little copy stand for 4x5
and odd size trannies and film.
Tom Robinson