From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Paul D. DeRocco
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 4:58 PM
To: rmathuln@pacbell.net
Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Nikon Coolscan LS4000 not recognised

> From: Julie Cooke
>
> Help! My scanner is no longer recognised, If I go to Control
> Panel, System,
> Hardware, Device Manager under Windows 2000 I know longer see Scanners
> although the firewire interface is listed. When I switch the scanner on I
> just get the flashing LED, so I guess it's either a hardware
> malfunction or
> a connection problem.
>
> I haven't used the scanner since installing a PCI modem for ASDL, does
> anyone know if that would cause a conflict?

It's doubtful, but anything is possible.

However, I'm curious about this thing you installed. Is it an actual DSL
modem that goes inside the computer, and has a phone line plugged into it?
DSL is usually handled by an external modem that connects to your computer
with Ethernet.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco