[filmscanners] Re: handling vertical scans

if you're using a slide scanner and mounted slides...

most scanners will only scan the orientation 'one' way. The LS-4000
will only take slides as 'landscape'.

As to when to do the orientation, it's all a matter of taste I guess.
I scan using a slide feeder, so I scan everything in and then after
the fact, turn the slides into vertical orientation as appropriate.
But it shouldn't really make a difference if you do it in the scanner
software or the image editor you use.

The only time this would make a difference is if you have a slide
scanner that can scan more than the standard 'landscape' orientation
and can scan portrait/vertical orientation. In that case, I'd scan
preferentially as portrait/vertical. Always preferable to do rotation
in the 'real' world as opposed to the digital world. 90° rotation
though shouldn't be as fiddly as fractional degrees.

Dieder