[filmscanners] Re: Epson Perfection 3200 vs dedicatedfilmscanners

on 2/4/03 3:22 pm, Al Bond wrote:

> Surely someone on the list must have tried it!

Yes. I've tried it! I have one. But I haven't really had the time to test it
against my SS4000...

I've made some quite nice scans for the web from stereo slides in 41 x 101mm
mounts - I can batch scan 5 pairs at a time.

I _think_ I noticed some RGB mis-registration under extreme magnification on
the screen, but I haven't really explored this.

It's an excellent machine, but it's not going to replace my SS4000 for scans
destined to be sent to my film recorder. It's fine for the web.

I can't say where the dividing line should be drawn!

Bob Aldridge