[filmscanners] Re: HD failure [was RE: keeping the 16bit scans}

Thank you for this!

Cycling equipment regularly and very often , as can happen with hard
drives used under an "energy management" system I do expect can be
detrimental to some components.  But turning equipment on and off once a
day so it remains unused for 8-12 hours or more, 1/3 to 1/2 or more of
its potential "on time" were it kept on 24/7, seems to make sense to me.

Art